Friday 24 November 2017

Detachment



Walk the same streets
With eyes anew.
Like the first time
Lost and awed amongst places that never existed before
Locked in the present
(un)Framed by the past.

Dead lives
Afraid of the future.
I am fear.
What is my purpose?

Revelations arise.
The smell of seaweed in the stairwell,
Love,
and Light,
Waiting surely
Behind one of these locked doors,
Eyes closed,
Body shivering in tortured anticipation against the frame.

The minutiae.
An atom, exploded
A ringing never answered
That might say,
Let me in
Come to find me
This time you will be saved.

A dream small enough to exist inside the void of a child’s tear
The space between the lines of miscommunication
greater than any ocean.


Living,
Lying,
Dying.

Tomorrow,

I set sail for a new shore.
Instagram

No comments: